My teaching philosophy centers around finding opportunities for all students to actively engage in the learning process, often by teaching and learning from their classmates. I have used Team-Based Learning, a variety of active learning techniques, and technologies such as GoogleDocs and classroom response systems (Poll Everywhere) to achieve this goal.
Read more here.
Certificate in College and University Teaching:
I completed a Certificate in College and University Teaching (CCUT), awarded by the University of California, Santa Barbara. The CCUT is a multi-year training process, which includes:
- Serving as a teaching assistant, with appropriate training and videotape consultation of teaching
- Graduate course in pedagogy
- Implementation and analysis of a new technology in the classroom
- Teach a course as Instructor of Record
- Preparation of CCUT Portfolio (Available upon request, ~80 pages)
Additional information available here.
Intro to Research Methods in Political Science: Sample Syllabus
The Politics of Education Policy
Intro to American Politics
Additional Teaching Interests:
Voting and Elections